CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Brief migraine update...

Well, our insurance company finally approved Botox for my wife, and she got the injections yesterday. The doctor injected the Botox in to several trigger points and nerves, hoping to relieve the stress and tension, and hopefully give her some relief from her chronic headache pain. He told us that it would take 1 to 2 days for the medicine to take full effect, so we are waiting to see. She has had a very sore neck, which is where the majority of the injections were, and she has still had some headache pain yesterday and today, but I am hopeful that she will see some benefit from this.
She is desperate for something to work because she feels like she is missing out on so much of our 3 boys' lives. She has, since school started, been asking the boys to tell her 3 positive things about their day at school and she logs them in a notebook. After they tell her 3 positive things they can also tell her anything that upset them, or that they didn't like. I enjoy seeing and hearing her make such an effort to be an active part of their lives. Their grandma bought them the new Lego Star Wars game, and it has been a great opportunity for all of us to do something together that we enjoy. It has been fun to work together as a family to complete the levels and find all of the extra items.

1 comments:

SisterDi said...

I heard you on the radio tonight! Your wife and children should be thankful to have such a wonderful and caring father watching over them. I know you probably feel that they are your blessing as well. Anyway, it warms my heart to hear of a man's love for his family. I wish I'd found one to stick around through my health stuff.