CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Botox update

Well, I think the Botox helped a little. It really seemed to help with the intensity of Nikki's headaches, but she still had daily headaches. She had a lot of neck pain that I think helped to cause her headaches. After about a week we noticed that the Botox that was injected above her eyes had seeped down and is now causing her eyelids to droop a bit. She looks really tired all the time now because of it. She has said that it is a struggle for her to keep them open.
One thing that was funny about this whole Botox situation was when we went to the physical therapist last Friday. She asked Nikki to raise her eyebrows, and I didn't see them move. I was sitting next to her so I didn't have a good view, but they did move a little. Then the PT asked her to scrunch up her nose and eyebrows, then turned and asked me if Nikki was able to do it before Botox, because they weren't moving at all. The Botox apparantly has worked as far as paralyzing the muscles, but I wish it was helping her pain more.

0 comments: