CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Migraine follow-up

Well, now that school has started again this is going to be very difficult for me to keep up with. The stellate ganglion block my wife got took her headache from a 9.5 to a 5 on a pain scale from 1 - 10. The only problem was that she had the pain of 9.5 back within a couple hours. She did seem to have a couple of decent days after that. They have since tried putting local anesthetic in the trigger points in her neck and around her eyes. This has seemed to help, but the medicine around her eyes caused them to swell a lot. Her eyes were hurting, which I think contributed to a headache. They have also tried a sphenal palatine ganglion block, where they try to block the nerve below your eye and just to the side of the nose. They go in through the nose to get to the nerve. It didn't seem to help at all. The clinic is now having us come down twice a week to see if they can help her. She will be meeting with a physical therapist on Friday, and we are hoping the insurance will finally approve Botox. She has met all of their criteria, and we gathered all of the info proving it. The clinic was going to submit the appeal in hopes that we would have an answer by Friday! I could say so much more about this but I have to leave for class. I'm going to add a link in my favorite links list that gives information on drugs and their side effects. I think it is very good information for anyone taking or frequently changing a lot of medications!

0 comments: