CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Invigorated!

A couple weeks ago(yes I'm a little slow) I had the boys awake and I was doing my best to fight the daily battle of getting them to get ready for school. I couldn't believe my ears when Skyler came in the kitchen. He walked in the kitchen and said, "Dad, I'm not feeling invigorated this morning." Of course my response was, "What?" He repeated his statement, which gave me time to think of a better response. So then I asked, "Well, what do you mean by that?" Skyler said, "I'm not full of energy this morning." The smile on his face was amazing. He thought he was so smart, and I couldn't argue.

I later found out that it was one of his vocabulary words. They work on 5 or 6 words each week, and their teacher challenges them to use it in a sentence when talking to their parents. He also surprised us a day or two later when he told us he was sweltering while sitting in our hot van. I just can't even believe the words they are teaching my little first grader! It was such a shocking experience I just had to share.

2 comments:

JaLesha said...

Lolol. That is awesome! He is a smarty! Mary and I love having him in our class!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I definitely love how it’s easy on my eyes and also the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which need to do the trick! Have a nice day!